Chenega Corporation General Operations Manager in Lorton, Virginia
General Operations Manager
Lorton, VA Join our Talent Network
General Operations Manager
Lorton VA - Remote
Salary range for this position is $70k - $90k
The General Operations Manager will provide management oversight of operations, conference room management, audiovisual (AV) support, and Secure Business Center-related tasking in support of the CCSD and the variety of products delivered to its various customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Plan, direct, provide leadership, and coordinate the day-to-day operations of the project and project team members.
• Oversee multiple departments or locations.
• Formulate policies, manage daily operations, and plan the use of materials and human resources.
• Motivate and lead a high-performing team, attract recruits, and retain highly qualified staff.
• Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly, or annual Deliverables as required by the contract.
• Fulfill supervisory responsibilities by the organization's policies and applicable laws.
• Maintain a daily task list for assigned projects showing time allotments, schedules, and delegations.
• Organize, coordinate, and control all contractor activities to ensure compliance with contract performance, cost, and schedule requirements.
• Identify any technical problems during set up and call the Visual Projects Branch Head at China Lake or the Integrated Operations Branch Head at Point Mugu.
• Assist with the interviewing, evaluating, cross-training, and hiring process of new employees.
• Attend meetings, briefs, and other company and contract-related activities as requested.
• Complete annual company and customer training requirements according to established policies and procedures.
• Record labor hours daily in an online corporate system.
• Travel up to 25% as required.
• Other duties as assigned.
• BA/BS degree required
• 5+ years of related work experience required
• Must be a U.S. citizen
• Must have a valid driver’s license
• Secret clearance required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to maintain a Secret clearance for the lifecycle of the contract.
• Work requires continual diligence in composing, typing, and proofing materials, establishing priorities, and meeting deadlines.
• Working knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database, presentation software (MSWord, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), and Outlook.
• Knowledge of telephones, printers, facsimile machines, copy machines, shredders, computers, and network access including web servers and applicable databases or other applications necessary.
• Must attend all customer in-person meetings and conferences as requested.
• Ability to interface with all organizational levels.
• Ability to maintain real-time communications, both voice and data transfer capabilities, with CCSD during working hours whether at the work site or on travel.
• Possess strong leadership, organizational, interpersonal, and communications skills.
• Ability to interface with and transfer data to and from requiring office software applications and their upgraded versions.
• Must be energetic, enthusiastic, and present well to customers.
• Ability to multi-task in a high-stress, performance-based environment.
• Must have the ability to travel up to 25% as required.
How you’ll grow
At Chenega MIOS, our professional development plan focuses on helping our team members at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn.
We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers.
At Chenega MIOS, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our team members and offer them a broad range of benefits.
Learn more about what working at Chenega MIOS can mean for you.
Chenega MIOS’s culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our team members to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where we excel and lead healthy, happy lives.
Chenega MIOS is led by a purpose to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our team members, and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Learn more about Chenega’s impact on the world.
Chenega MIOS News- https://chenegamios.com/news/
Tips from your Talent Acquisition team
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Chenega MIOS to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your research, we suggest you review the following links:
Chenega MIOS web site - www.chenegamios.com
Glassdoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Chenega-MIOS-EI_IE369514.11,23.htm
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/1472684/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/chenegamios/
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Join our Talent Network